Wednesday, 5 November 2008
thank god thats over
We'll now have three weeks before everyone starts discussing next times american elections . I got the keys to my new house on monday Its very nice which is more than can be said for the woman from the estate agents who handed the keys over my friend Diane was heard muttering things about nazi's and missing vocations as prison warders under her breath.JOJO you will be pleased to hear that the chandelier will be coming with me as will the scary wicker one from the sitting room. there's a nice little space under the stairs for my computer.The house has no curtains or blinds so the landlord obviously thinks I have money to burn, thank god for no frills DIY . Diane is far more organised than I, she was there measuring the windows and the garden fence and telling me what I should do, it's like having a wife shes fantastic. I went back yesterday and someone sorted the heating out for me the shower is blocked with building dust but since the water was cold anyway it didn't matter.Amazingly despite being 11 miles away from richmond rather than 5 its actually quicker for the kids to get to school than from here you have to love out local bus here which takes 35 minutes to go 4 miles.Fortunately there is a Lidls in walking distance so I dont have to go cold turkey , hower there are also two morrisons ,a sainsburies, an asda, a tesco an aldi 2 icelands two nettos a farm food and should i win the lottery a marks and sparks, I may die from indecisiveness having shopped in lidl almost exclusively for the last 19 months.I only have the garage to pack now and some odds and sods I am binning most of the garage stuff if Ive not down owt with it in 19 months chances are i don't need it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
New house sounds good Alex... make sure you don't throw Mavis out by mistake.
mavis will be used as a lawn mower since the bugger has never cut the lawns and the next door neighbour is one of those people who comes out and measures his 6 inches and only mows that
i love thorwing things away, especially other people's things. every time my guy goes away, he comes home several boxes of stuff lighter. today my class was in someone else's classroom and it was junky, so i started to clean. the kids could tell i was twitchy about all the junk all over. they shoulgt it was funny when i gave in and threw most of it away (it was stuff from last term, so it was okay).
jilly
Does lady muck still have stuff in your garage or did we get it all? I have most likely got spare curtains should they be needed.
I think all her stuff went I sorted today and there wasn't anything I could see of Rou's there was a fair bit of johns stuff ..was being the operative word
not much of a garden if you only get 6 inches each ... can we have piccies of chandelier when its insitu please ?
of course you can my love
Post a Comment