Sunday, 13 January 2008

today


I woke up to find my broadband bt hib was fucked and note from jack saying I didn't do it, I went into darlo to get an ordinary bb modem and couldn't find one every thing's now wireless apparently. so I came home rang john he couldn't sort it so I rang the Bt helpline in India and they were fabulous they rang me back on my mobile and talked me through stuff for nearly two hours and it now works , I am however reverting to ethernet cos I found out it was actually a lot faster,but mum gave the lads her old laptop when they got a new one so hopefully they can make use of the wireless.This evening I have been doing the ironing and some washing its a wonder how I have coped with washing for the last 2odd years without the supervision of my son who while incapable of actually switching it on appears to know everything about it and insists on sharing his deep knowledge , still I am sure he'll enjoy doing his own for the next 60 years

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've reverted to ethernet on the pc petunia, the laptops like the wireless but the pc complains a lot.

Anonymous said...

oh and i have 2 spare modems if anyone else has a breakdown and needs one :-)

Anonymous said...

I"ve now come over from the darkside and have a new Mac laptop with a wireless connection. I love the ease of sitting in the great room and logging on without traipsing upstairs to try to connect with my desktop PC. Of course, since that was the only form of exercise I ever did, climbing 14 extremely steep stairs,my butt is getting a wee bit larger :)

Anonymous said...

BTW-is that your iron? It sorta looks like some form of torture machine.

Anonymous said...

yes that is indeed my new iron and jolly good it is too

Anonymous said...

But what is the name of the iron? I need to look that thing up since I've never seen an iron that looks like that. Not that I'll get one since Dennis thinks the unironed look is just the thing in his retirement. Personaly, I think he's regressing to about 12 (he wishes).

Brenda said...

oh! it's an iron. i thought it was some sexual device for when the blokes come over.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Clank Napper said...

Look at you wiv yer posh iron.

Anonymous said...

is it your military upbringing that made you ironing obsessed do you think?

Anonymous said...

No my mother ironed everything I think most people did back then and I have just carried on and I like ironed sheets and pillow cases etc they feel nicer

Anonymous said...

does not compute does not compute abort abort abort

Anonymous said...

my mother ironed everything too, including socks! I however rebelled and only iron under duress!!

Anonymous said...

Must admit even though Im a bloke and non military trained i like everything to be well ironed and yes I do it myself.
Tiddler Riddler

Anonymous said...

Ironed sheets? Mavis?? Oh dear, all my illusions have been shattered. However, I do have a set of, supposedly, quality sheets that look like crap when they come out of the dryer and I'll send them along to you for ironing if you run out of things to iron. I do remember my grandmother (the one from hell) ironing my grandfather's boxers-that's when I decided that there was something even more strange about her than I originally thought since she never hit a lick at a snake if she could get someone else to do it for her.

Anonymous said...

Spidey, that was my first thought too!

Anonymous said...

That's ... an iron? It looks like an alien mother ship or something. How does it, um, work?

Britters

Anonymous said...

I think grandfathers wearing boxers is quite strange.

Anonymous said...

Jessie, it was not a pretty sight.