Tuesday, 14 October 2008

I am not divorced

because the solicitor who I went to see yesterday and the times were confused had forgotten to send the form for john to sign saying that if I won the lottery he would have no claim on it so I walked 4 miles in the pissing rain for nothing.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where there's blame there's a claim

Gail said...

well, that's a pisser.

Dennis filed 3 times for a divorce from wife #1 and it took about 5 years for him to finalize. Things could be worse ;-)

Jilly said...

well fuck 'em all.


shouldn't the fact that you're no longer married be enough for him to forfeit any claim to future monies? i just assumed that that was an automatic happening when you're not longer stuck together.

jilly

mavis sidebottom said...

No apparently you have to sign a form saying you relenquish any claim to any future money or they can have a go at getting it from you. I dont think that I have the best solicitor in the world to be honest

emma said...

but Mems look at it this way---when we win the Powerball jackpot, ole John can't get his hands on any of it!

Anonymous said...

on the positive side... he might win the lottery on saturday... ok, i'll crawl back under my stone :-p

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

you and I need a virtual drink

Brenda said...

hell, have a real one!