Monday, 27 October 2008

update

Ipick up the keys to my new house next monday and move in on the saturday following . Its not where I have been living for the last ten years but in a local town and the kids will have to catch two buses to school but its a roof over our heads and for that i am truly grateful.My eldest son passed all his exams and applied to join the RAF he was accepted last week and will start basic training on January the 7th just after his 18th birthday.I am very proud of him he could have so easily given up but he has achieved a lot on the last year and now has a future.My youngets brother rang me up on saturday to say that owning to the fact I am a dirty northern bastard and he cant be bothered to drive up here to give me his old tv. hes bought me a brand new one which was gobsmackingly fantastic of him given the last couple of months i have had . I have volunteered to go and serve dinners with the sally army this christmas since it could so easily have been been me needing one.

19 comments:

Gail said...

As I said before, way to go Jack. I'm sure that it will be a good experience for him-it took the military to get Dennis straight when he was 18.

mavis sidebottom said...

dennis is straight when did that happen?

UrbanStarGazer said...

Congrats on all fronts!

UrbanStarGazer said...

Congrats on all fronts!

vq said...

Great news, Alex. Hope it's the start of a trend.

schell said...

I'm so glad to hear all this. And you volunteering is a wonderful thing for you to do. I hope more good things come your way.

Anonymous said...

Good luck & all the best alex ...Also,

When youve moved, can you give me the nod & i,ll come round to the old house and pinch the back fence as i'm a tight fisted bitch & i dont want to pay out forra a brand new one.

Ps. Can you pinch me a sally army tambourine too

Razz
too

Brenda said...

i am happy for all your good news.

mrs robinson said...

More to the point, is the new house enxt door to a pub and is Pterry pratchett coming to visit? lol

Gail said...

Den was straight, but now he's retired and beginning to lean the least little bit ;-)

And his new fav drink is Famous Grouse scotch. I may have created a monster.

Anonymous said...

well done on the new pad and dont knock the scotch its good stuff we all become monsters with it

Gail said...

gogs. well that eases my mind.

Jilly said...

alex,

i'm happy your son's work as paid off and he's found something to do that he wants to do. i know a lot of 18 year olds that can't say that for themselves.

i remember your ex ass saying terrible things about your son, someone he should have thought of as his son. i'm glad that when the ex calls, there's only good news for him to weedle out of the little ones so he can stfu and leave you alone already.

if you want a christmas card, send me your address.

jilly

mavis sidebottom said...

yeah after everything is said and done its jack I am most pleased about,I got a real kick the other day since john emailed me to ask why no one would tell him what was going on with jack and then suggested that it was because he was In Borstal or prison and I got to say no actually he's just got into the RAF I just didn't want to tell you before he'd actually got in so you couldn't gloat if he failed

Jo said...

haha ! ... well done you x

Kaz said...

Great to hear you finally have some good news Alex.. hopefully its upwards and onwards from here... and well done Jack

Brenda said...

kids really do suprise sometimes.
you never really know what strength has grown inside them. best of luck to your boy. :)

Beanns37 said...

Congrats Alex, I'm so glad everything worked out!

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

such good news and I am so far behind