Sunday, 11 January 2009

well

Turned out that the condensation was the leak that I always thought it was ,got up on friday and the lounge carpet was soaking wet in the dining room bit. Called Barratts who called the contract plumbers who sent a different set of plumbers round and after actually listening to what I was saying instead of patting me on the head they cut the back out the cabinet found the leak and fixed it. Im getting a new sink unit in the not too distant future as the back is all warped and rotted and the wall behind it needs replastering it smells a bit mank but its drying out now so thats better. Took the kids to Boro yesterday to spend their xmas money so spent the entire day in games shops and sports shops what a thrill that was .I have been having real trouble with my broadband this week and it packed up totally yesterday so i rang Mumbai help desk( always a last resort) First time I rang I got nowhere and the guy just kept telling me to try it on another Pc and I kept saying but I haven;t got another PC and he kept saying yes I know but try it on another pc haven;t you got any friends , to which I replied actually no none that are willing to allow me to attach faulty hardwear to their beloved comps and possibly stuff them up so he said well try it on another pc and ring back.
I rang back about half an hour later and got a different chap who saiid , Ah yes the networks been playing up in your area and lots of peoples settings files are currupted now hang on let me give you a new setting. ten minutes later I was ok on everything but mercurty messenger which has been dropping out every three minutes for days now . I was talking to ronald about this last night and he said try downloading a differewnt version, so I downloadeded another mac MSN clone called aMSN and fuck me rigid not only is it not droppign out its much much better than mercurty anyway .So all in all its not been a bad weekendSundays in darlo re less soul destroying than in Catterick as there is more to do and you don;t need to spend an hour on the bus to do it .

9 comments:

sheila222 said...

Mavis, your post made me actually laugh,, especially that lovely phrase "fuck me rigid". I am sure that I could let that become a favorite epithet,,,, keep up the good work!

Bert Bananas said...

"fuck me rigid" is probably more a girl thing, as men can't really start without it...

Jilly said...

i hate it when people talk to you as if you're mentally retarded when you in fact know wtf you're talking about.

a woman from the university called me on friday to ask how i was doing in my first week and i asked why they told me it was a 3 week class, but all the online stuff says it's 5 weeks. she said "oh, it's 3 weeks, you're confused." then i got pissed and said something about her being confused and she broke out the "god you're dumb" voice and tried to walk me through the reasons why she obviously thought i'm 2 steps past drooling and then I pointed out that EVERYTHING maps the class out in 5 weeks and told her to sign in and look at it, she stfu real quick and made an excuse to get off the phone.

i know it's not worth it, but sometimes i really just want to scream at people.

jilly

Ded said...

Before I start to read the next disasterous installment in your life, I reach over to the cabinet and pour myself a good Mombai and tonic.

Clank Napper said...

I don't like Virgin broadband as much as Aol...it isn't as pretty or easy to use. But I like talking to somebody in the Uk who understands every word I say.

UrbanStarGazer said...

I love entries like this where I read through and at the end I think, "that was hilarious . . . probably more funny if I had any idea what she was saying." :)

Anonymous said...

Please can you have another disaster this is becoming more and more K without the cash.

mavis sidebottom said...

I dont understand K without the crash?

mavis sidebottom said...

I get it now bitch