Sunday, 18 January 2009
sunday
Well yesterday i went to Ikea and bought a wardrobe and another chest of drawers and bribed Ron with tales of Parmos and other delicious Teesside delicacies and he very kindly came round and put them together , he didn;t make any mistakes at all and it was all done in five minutes ( and I am typing this with my nose) I ordered him a parmo and he was very rude about it and even had the nerve to say its no wonder you can only get them in this part of the country cos they dont; even travel from the take away to the house let alone out of the area. I changed my front room round today i am sick of sitting under the stairs so my comp is now by the french windows and the TV is back were it was when I first moved in which is actually good as I get more Freeview channels when its on a shorter Coaxial cable.I shall see how it goes anyway No doubt in another few weeks I'll be bunging it back again /Its really windy today but its also sunny so my washing is on the line Im not sure how long it will stay there before its all over the neighbourhood but you cant pass up a good drying day , I like the feel and smell of stuff thats been line dried I also like not having fucking huge electricity bills
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
This is an awful long post from you on a sunday petunia....and not very depressing at all!
I have to admit sundays in Darlo are better than sundays in Catterick
i want a line, i love how things smell when they've been on the line.
jilly
I love the smell and feel of line dried clothing. For the longest time, nothing dried in the dryer felt clean. We had a dryer but my mom only used it when she had no choice (not enough sun, raining, whatever) which, in our area, was not that often.
I was used to my jeans being stiff and smelling like fresh air when clean so when they came out of the dryer soft and smelling like dryer sheets, it didn't seem right. Took me about 5 years after having moved out and doing my own laundry always dried in a dryer for me to get used to the thought that soft, warm jeans from a dryer ARE clean.
One of the happiest days of our married life was when we got rid of the clothes washer I had to drag over to the bathroom faucet, hook it up, and then wash the clothes and got a dryer. I hated hanging the clothes on the line I don't care how nice they smelled it was a royal pain in the butt.
as you might well know, i too love hanging clothes on the line. alas...i won't be able to do that for some time as there is two feet of snow in my back yard and the clothes would freeze solid. damn it all.
I love line dried clothes...except socks and towels. They get too stiff when they're dried on the line...in my opinion.
I always go over my towels with iron to destiffen them. At least line drying doesn;t end up with more of your jumper in the lint filter than on the jumper
I don't like the smell of burnt amputated limbs and well rotted manure, nor do I like stiff towels that exfoliate you after you have showered. Line drying is for paupers.
Just think how white you can get sunbleached bed linen dear
it goes yellow in the sun, like when you wee the bed.
Well you'd know
Ms. Canny Little, I followed a link to the Telegraph.uk and read a story about how England is teetering on the brink of going belly up financially, that PM Brown promised that no bank would go under, but many seemed doomed to do so. What's the view of the Canny Littles in the street?
Please cite your references as this is for a paper I have to turn in on Friday. Thanks ever so, luv.
Bert, the Chimney Sweep, who says, "Well, has I leef 'n breef, if it isn't Mary Poppins!"
Post a Comment